Content marketing is an art that involves creating and distributing information. It can be in the form of pictures, text, multimedia, and others. The goal of content is to add value to the audience, rather than just broadcasting advert messages.
The content you are offering is based on two principles – B2C (business to consumer) and B2B (business to business). The B2C content means social media posts, fun videos, and blog articles, whereas B2B content means more white papers, webinars, reports, and educational videos.
- Content marketing is free in some sense. It all involves attracting potential customers to your brand.
- Versatility – Content marketing offers versatility as it helps build your brand and helps you educate, entertain, and inspire. This fuels all other types of digital marketing such as email, social media, etc.
- Because everyone now knows the importance of content marketing, people are pumping out all sorts of information. This makes it a cluttered space and hard to stand out from the rest.
- To maintain effectiveness, you have to be consistent, produce high-quality content, and informational content that meets your customer’s needs. You are supposed to do all this while representing your brand and achieving your business objectives.
Search Engine Marketing
Search engine marketing is all about your website. How? It is all about taking steps that will ensure your website ranks well on the search engine results page. Whenever a person is searching for your business, product, or any other relevant information regarding your niche, the results must appear organically or naturally. For this to apply, one has to apply search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search (PPC or pay per click) techniques. The website must be compatible with all devices including smartphones and tablets. If you want to get into the digital marketing field then there are plenty of digital marketing jobs in North London which will suit your needs
The term SEO or search engine optimization simply refers to what the term says. It involves creating content that people are actively searching for using relevant keywords. You must obey search engine keyword density to abide by the technical point of SEO. It does not matter the business, niche, or content you are delivering, SEO is for everyone.
- It is free
- When your brand or website appears on the first page of a search engine result page (SERP), it appears authentic and neutral to the customer.
- It takes time and a lot of effort to create amazing content and abide by the technical side of the optimization of your website.
- You are at the mercy of search engine algorithms. This is why it is very difficult to rank high on the organic results page.
It is important to note that SEO begins with content creation. For this reason, it is wise to get your content strategy right. This is where keyword research plays an important role as it will help you stay at the top of the rank. If you are beginning, take advantage of plug-ins for your optimization (like Yoast for WordPress).
PPC Or Pay Per Click
These are paid search adverts like Bing Ads or Google AdWords. These appear similar to natural search engine results. However, unlike organic results, PPC appears at the top of the page with a little box that says ‘Ad’. What does this mean for you? Well, it simply means that you have the ability to buy a top-ranking position through an auction-based on the keyword, demographics, and geographical locations. PPC or Pay Per Click is highly useful for e-commerce and businesses both local and international.